Thursday, June 18, 2009

Reconsidering Consolidation

After some thought and after blogging about all of the different accounts and institutions, I think it would be good if I could at least rollover an old 401K to my IRA. However, my big hangup about this is that I REFUSE to liquidate i.e. sell the funds in that account in order to transfer it. The funds are down significantly since I bought them at least 5 years ago and I do not want to lock in those losses. So I'm going to try to do an in-kind transfer. Fidelity sells all of the funds in the account, so I don't see why I could not. I have to talk to my broker and get the form tomorrow.

All of this writing about my messy investment portfolio is making me self-conscious. I want to write about an area that I do feel like I have a good handle on -- credit cards. I am much more of a risk taker when it comes to credit cards and I'm tempted to take even more risk. I'll write about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment