Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Organizing My Portfolio Part Ia

Sadly, Cake is not providing a holistic view of my portfolio. It is the closest of all the tools I've found, but there are still issues. One of my institutions is not in their system and one of them I've added but for some reasons my positions don't appear in my portfolio. This would all be okay but you can't add positions manually. C'est la vie, but my Excel sheets are looking better and better. I think I might be a little bitter too because the Cake ratings for many of my positions are Ds or Fs. Not that I don't hate many of my holdings (I didn't choose them, my ex-boyfriend who is my financial planner did), but it hurts to see external validation for how bad some of them are. So I think I need to bite the bullet and stop searching for the perfect tool to see my portfolio and start figuring out an asset allocation strategy and then how to get to that ideal allocation.

No comments:

Post a Comment