Saturday, December 19, 2009

Next Year's Budget

Over the course of 2009 and leading up to 2010, I've done a good job of reducing my expenses. Here are some that I've managed to cut:

Rent: From $1800 to $1675 = monthly savings of $125
Anti-virus: Saved $50 annually by switching to a free one (praying to Internet gods this does not bite me in the butt)
Taxes: Used TurboTax instead of an accountant to save $900 annually
Phone: I finally cancelled my Verizon account. This should save me in 2010 anywhere from $30 to $70 a month.
Personal Care: I started coloring my own hair during the second half of 2009, so that's reduced that category expense in half from about $150-$200 during the months when I would get my hair colored to more like an average of $60.

So, what am I going to do with all these savings? Spend them! haha. But on things I need/want. I"ll allocate more $ in 2010 to buying clothes, entertainment such as dance performances and the opera as well as travel. It should be a fun year! I also plan to move from my current place to a more convinient location and might end up paying a little more for rent again. Not a crazy amount, but for my mental and emotional health, it will be important for me to be a little more conveniently located next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment